The author is Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson. Basically, as I told you before, this book is abot fast food industry in United States. It talks about the history of fast food, the harmful effects, ingredients, global effects and so on. Also, it describes and gives facts about McDonald's and other famous fast food chain to make it easy for us to undertand.Some of us might think we already know a lot of thing about fast food, because it's so familiar to us now. You see fast food chains everywhere, and probably everyday. Don't you? To be honest I thought I already know enough about fast food. However, this book made me realize that I didn't know anything about it!
Let me introduce some of the facts which I learned:
- Every day about 1 out of 14 Americans eats at McDonald's.
- Charlie Nagreen's meatball sandwiches at Outagamine Country Fair was the beginning of the fast food industry.
- In 1970, Americans spent only $6 billion on fast food. But in 2006, the amount of money spent on fast food increased to $142billion and it is still increasing. (Americans now spend more money on fast food than on education, technology and so on.
Fast food has become popular, not only the United States, but also in Japan. Fast food tastes very delicious, and people becoming addicted to those tastes might be one reason why fast food became so popular. However, I personally think this is because everyone is becoming very busy due to their work. Even though we don't eat as much fast food as the Americans, the the harmful effects and global effects of fast food is related to Japanese. Also, by reading this book, it helps people who think of health and do a healthy diet in their every day life to keep fit and strong.So overall, I strongly recommend this book to those who are either interestedin learning about food, or who wants to have a healthy diet. For those people who love fast food and want to continue eating it, I don't really recommend it. Why? Because there is fact which "You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food". But still, I think it is worth reading it. It really changes your thought on fast food.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿