12/06/2017

What do you know about American's eating habit...?

Hi everyone!
Do you know the book called "Hungry Planet"? It's a very interesting book. It talks about different country's food culture by focusing on one or two families in each country. I used this book last week, to study about America's food culture at my university. Some of us might think we already know enough about America's food culture because it's very familiar to us compare to the other countries like Africa and Indonesia. To be honest, I thought so too. However, I found out some surprising thing during my study. Let me introduce it you!

In the book "Hungry Planet", I looked one particular family, the Revis family. They are a nuclear family. Ronald Revis and Rosemary Ravis are the father and mother of this family, living with their 2 sons called Brandon and Tyrone.

So now, look at the picture above. The picture shows the Revis family, and the food which they ate in a week. Their total food expenditure for one week was $341.98 and the most biggest percentage of buget was beverages with $77.75. Second came the fast food with $71.61. Can you believe the amount of fast food they eat in a week? I couldn't believe it at first. I was so surprised by how much they eat and drink because it was very different from the country where I live.

As the picture shows, they used to eat a lot of fast food because it was very convenient. However, after they saw a documentary about fast food overeating, their eating habits have changed. They now  plan their meals very carefully, and eat many fresh vegetables and leaner meat. They also started doing exercise at home by using some exercising machine. I hope I can change my life style like the Revis family to have a more fit and healthy life.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Do you remember...?

  Do you remember the book " Chew On This " which I introduced to you in my blog? I hope you remember because today, I am going to...